Bengaluru, July16: The Association of Information Technology in Bengaluru, recently organized a meeting with the Commercial Taxes Department (CTD) of the state government to clarify the queries the members had on eUPaSS (electronic Upload of Purchase and Sales Statements) .
The association organized the meet after the CTD has made it mandatory for all dealers (excluding Composite Dealers) with an annual turnover in excess of 50 lacs in FY 2013-14 to e-upload 10 new Annexures in .xml format as listed below:
• Local Purchase /Sales
• Local Debit Note/ Credit Note
• Interstate Purchase/ Sales
• Interstate Debit Note/ Credit Note
• Export Invoice/Export Credit Note
Dr. B V Murali Krishna – Joint Commissioner – E – Audit - Commercial Taxes, was the resource person, Murali Krishna conducted the session with live-demo and helped with hands-on experience on converting the excel document into a .xml file and uploading them in the website. Clarifying the queries of the members on various tax-related issues, he also explained how to rectify the issues in e-filing.
Ajay Seth, Commissioner, Commercial taxes department who also participated in the event said that the job of commercial tax department was to be a tax facilitator and not confined to be a nightmare to the business community by simply doing the role of tax collection agent.
“Of all the business fraternity, I think the IT industry should be more e-savvy and make use of the government’s e-policies and associations like AIT play a bigger role in enhancing the livelihood of the whole system by making technology not a hindrance for business owners. I request people from this fraternity to be the first people to adopt the technology and create a better eco-system in the state,” said Seth.
Jupiter International Limited ( Frontech) , Tally Solutions, Vanpac Systems and MTS sponsored the event.
Key features of the eUPass:
• Single Menu for generation of all 10 Annexures, view report before generating xml
• Validation report with option to rectify errors therein
• Errors when rectified, get updated in Master and transaction
• Errors common across transactions need to be rectified only once
• No need to rely on additional software/tools (Excel or converters etc.)