Need for data centers across the globe has significantly evolved in the past few years. All thanks to the rapid proliferation of the internet and increased adoption of big data by businesses. In India, this segment is also lifted by the stout resurgence of growth-related projects and positive sentiments in government projects such as ‘Smart Cities’ and ‘Digital India’.
With such spiralling demand, a shift can be seen in how enterprises are planning and building their data centers. Organizations today are opting for data center service providers who can effectively help in on-demand scaling and hosting their crucial business data and applications.
To help you get started, here is a list of few leading data center service providers in India (in no particular order):
1. STT Global Data Centers (STT GDC India)
STT GDC India is a reliable name in data center services in India. It provides advanced data center capabilities and domain expertise to some of the top Fortune 500 companies.
• STT GDC India has command over 33 percent revenue market share among all colocation providers in India
• All its data centers are in compliance with ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, TL 9000 and are TIA 942 rated
• Majority of its data centers have energy efficiency related certifications like ‘IGBC LEED & Gold’ and ‘CEEDA’
• Thanks to its 24×7 support, best-in-class risk management procedures, and robust facilities, STT GDC India has won many prestigious awards including “Frost & Sullivan Colocation Service Provider of The Year (2018)”
2. NetMagic Solutions
NetMagic was founded in 1998 and obtained by NTT Communications in the year 2012.
• It is one of the leading managed hosting service providers in India, with multilevel security frameworks, carrier-neutral, and high-density data centers
• This experienced player has data center locations in every prime Indian city, including Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi, and others
• With clients like BookMyShow, Flipkart and Myntra, one can hardly question its level of expertise in this domain
3. CtrlS Data Center
Another data center provider that has been consistently ranking among the top ten data center provider in India is CtrlS.
• Known for its state-of-the-art facilities, CtrlS operates one Tier-3 datacenter in Chennai and four Tier-4 datacenters in Noida, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore
• With highly optimized data centers for performance, server uptime and security, CtrlS has emerged as a trusted advisor to over 3,500 global and Indian multinationals
4. Sify Technologies
The first company to set up its own data center in India was Sify technologies.
• It currently has data centers in Bangalore, Noida, Mumbai and Chennai
• Sify’s carrier-neutral data centers, Z-level security and high scalability has allowed it to excel in terms of quality
• Currently, it has more than 3000 clients from different sectors like telecommunication, insurance, banking and finance
NxtGen is well-known for its cloud services and managed data centers across India.
• It strives to help businesses grow significantly by reducing complexity and cost considerably, while creating additional capacity from their existing infrastructure
• With fully functional offices in Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Delhi, NxtGen is also expanding its business operations in South Asia and the Middle East
The list of data center providers in India is indeed a long one. With so many choices available for businesses today, deciding on the one that best fits their needs can be challenging. And over the sheer volume of options available, organizations additionally need to focus on some genuine performance requirements.
Although shopping for a data center can seem like a daunting process, knowing what to look for, can help find the right provider in no time. For instance, some essential features to look at are security, scalability, services offered, and proximity to the primary audience.
Thus, with the right research, finding a data center provider that offers you the required services is not as complicated as it may seem.