9 Things That Will Change The Tech Dynamics In 2015
New Delhi, Jan 6: The role of IT is swiftly evolving and IT agility is synonymous with business agility. At the same time, the continued growth and the ever-increasing drive for virtualization is demanding for faster & efficient IT systems, better performance within the existing IT investments. I can list out nine major predictions that will have key role in the technology space this year.
1) Niche providers will drive the modern IT substructure: In 2015, niche technology and solution providers will become the binding agents for building a modern IT infrastructure.
2) IT innovation will be driven by emerging IT firms: Small and emerging IT firms will be the way forward and centre of future innovation and shape disruptive solutions.
3) Organisations to opt for single-vendor converged IT infrastructures: The poor infrastructure performance will become a key issue as systems are layered with technology that may or may not align with a company’s structure or goals. As a result, vendor-agnostic companies will see a boost in business as their services rise in demand. Enterprises will rely on these vendors to provide holistic oversight and valuable solution across all architectures.
4) Strategic approach of integrating the cloud into their environments: In 2015, businesses will become less enamoured with cloud for cloud’s sake, but will instead base their strategies on achieving maximum performance.
5) IT Embraces Digitalization: To keep up with the pace of innovation and competition, companies will clasp in the arms of digitalization in every possible manner. Digitalization will play a crucial and central role in the affordability, efficiency and timely services.
6) IT Automation Begins to Dominate: To managing diverse, complex environments and to deliver fast, flexible services IT automation is the key meet ever-increasing business demand.
7) Customer satisfaction will be the key competency: End user satisfaction will make or break credibility and success of the companies. The focus would shift towards best services through best practices.
8) Traditional industry will adopt integrated multi-channel commerce: The traditional industries will embrace multi-channel focused approach to provide seamless experience and bridge the physical and digital world.
9) Proactively manage the IT systems, rather than being driven by it: In the new age Digital-Mobile-Socially connected world the cost of IT failure to Business is paramount. Hence more proactive investments budgets will be set aside for on-going improvement of Quality of Service delivered by the IT systems.
(The author is a Founder Partner at Avekshaa Technologies. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not represent the views of Channel Times or any of the websites managed or operated by Trivone Digital Services)