Oracle Announces List of Selected Startups For Its Accelerator Program
Oracle has announced the first group of startup finalists for the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator Program. The Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator Program was launched in April 2016 at Oracle CloudWorld Mumbai to help catalyse India’s startup ecosystem and to provide support to the country’s Digital India initiatives.
In a span of four weeks, the program received a tremendous response from early-stage technology and technology-enabled startups. The panel of judges (which included the advisors and mentors of the program, as well as senior executives from Oracle) reviewed each application to evaluate the business concept, level of innovation, scalability and potential to solve real-life problems for their customers, as well as to make an impact on the segment of society on which they focussed. After this rigorous evaluation, panelists chose these five start-ups:
1. ExpertRec: a plug-n-play search and recommendation engine for online market places in an easy to use SaaS integration. Customers need to add a single line of code to enable these advanced features on their website.
2. Niyo Solutions: a Fin-Tech startup focused on alternate payment mechanisms.
3. Ray iCare: a sleep monitoring device, for Epilepsy, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Cardiac Attacks. It can be installed on a wall and uses Artificial Intelligence to notify attacks to care-givers through a mobile app.
4. Tydy: a mobile-first, automated employee on-boarding platform. It gives executives a clear view on the performance of the on-boarding process – a process that was never before quantifiable.
5. Vear: an AR/VR technology platform which is device agnostic. It can be used by brands to distribute their content, campaigns and more to end users through augmented/virtual reality.
As part of the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator Program, the finalists will receive:
· Over 125 hours of combined mentorship from Oracle and industry experts, some of whom include CTOs and CIOs of established startups and other peer organisations.
· 24×7 access to a co-working space within Oracle’s premises, with internet connectivity. This will give startups the ability and flexibility to work around-the-clock. The space also includes an activity centre, a café and a creative, fun, healthy working environment.
·Access to Oracle’s vast ecosystem of customers and partners as they are encouraged to reach out to relevant businesses and markets.
·Ongoing interactions and sessions with the investor community to give them the right platform for growth and success.
·Access to Oracle Cloud including training, at no charge. After completing the six-month program, the startups that have leveraged the Oracle Cloud for their business may be eligible to continue using it for an extended period.